TO: ALL BUS OPERATORS
SUBJECT: 2018 BUS ROADEO ELIGIBILITYÂ· REQUIREMENTS/REGISTRATION
The 2018 Bus Roadeo will be held February 23 and 24, 2018. This year's competition will be held at the MiamiDade Metro Zoo.
To be eligible to compete in the 2018 Bus Roadeo, you must meet all of the following requirements:
1. Must currently be employed as a Full-Time or Part Time Bus Operator with a minimum of one (1) year of Service as of November 30, 2017.
2. Must have been in active driving status for all grading periods during December 1, 2016 and November 30, 2017.
3. Must not have had a preventable accident between December 1, 2016 and November 30, 2017.
4. Must have an average performance evaluation score of 97 or higher for the period of December 1, 2016 and November 30, 2017
5. Must not have been suspended at any time between December 1, 2016 and the start of the Local Roadeo February 23, 2017 and if winner of local Roadeo by the start of the State Roadeo. (If you are suspended after the deadline for the Entry Form of January 31, 2018 you will be disqualify from participating in Roadeo.
6. May not have more than two (2) late reports and zero miss outs between December 1, 2016 and January 31, 2018. If after qualifying you obtain a total of two late reports or a miss out by the start of the Roadeo February 23, 2018 you will be disqualified
7. Should not have more than 4 Sick Incidents involving no more than 10 lost days of work. If after Qualifying you meet this criteria you will be disqualified
8. Should not have more than 1 incident involving 35 lost days of work. If after Qualifying you meet this criteria you will be disqualified
9. Should not be in PACE from December 1, 2016 to January 31, 2018. If after qualifying you enter PACE by the start of the Roadeo February 23, 2018 you will be disqualified.
Those interested in competing should obtain an entry form from the Division Dispatcher or Superintendent. Entry Forms must be submitted by 5:00 pm; Wednesday January 31, 2018.